Thursday, November 10, 2011

Apron for Holly!

This week has been weird. I have had no motivation to do anything. I don't even have motivation to sew and that is what makes this week really weird. But I have sewn some. I think I just don't have any projects that I am really excited about that I can work on right now. My Evening empire dress is still waiting on some more fabric because I cut out the pieces wrong and ran out of fabric.
But, on Sunday my friend, Holly, asked if i could make an apron with a ruffle. I knew I had a pattern for aprons so i dug through all my scraps and this is what I came up with.

The colors aren't the best, but it was the best I could do with scraps. It is fully lined and I am thinking it needs a pocket on the skirt, but I am not sure. Any suggestions? Pockets, no pockets? It seems like I ask that question a lot!

The other little project I finished this morning is another little mini skirt I call Downtown Mini. I did the same style as the Bite Me skirt but on the Downtown Mini I used black blanket binding for the hem. I didn't have enough bias tape to do the hem, so I thought I would try the blanket binding. I think it gives it a certain . . . je ne sais quoi!

Here are some additional shots of the Downtown Mini and me trying to decide which boots to wear with it!!

 Grey heals? or
Black flats?
Opinions welcomed!


And last but not least a few shots of my wonderful little "helper!"


What a stinkin' cutie!!

2 comments:

  1. That apron is adorable! Love it (and your little helper).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could make you an apron too Kathy!! But don't you think this style apron is perfect for Holly?!

    ReplyDelete