Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quilting Advise!

Well, yesterday afternoon I was working in the back yard in my tank top and today there is 4 inches of snow on the ground. I seriously love Colorado! But today is the perfect day for sewing! I am super excited to start on my new Empire Evening Dress but I am afraid also. The fabric is so wonderful that I don't want to mess it up! Here is the problem I am having: as you can see the the picture below the dress has zig zag triangles and it looks so great, but when i follow the directions my triangles don't have points. See pictures below:

Can you see how my triangles are flat on top? How do I get them to pave points? I don't understand. Before I put the rows together they have perfect points, but then when I put the rows together it "cuts" off the points? Does this matter? You can really tell in this practice dress I made for Ruby but the dress I am making is all black and white and grey so maybe it won't matter as much. Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I wanted to post some better pictures of the Liverpool dress I finished. I finally got some OK pictures of me in the dress.

Trying to be a little creative because the lighting in my house is not good. Plus I probably hadn't showered that day so I couldn't put my face in the shot. But I am pleased how it turned out. Now I just need some calf high black boots to finish off the look. PLUS, I totally forgot to add pockets! I will do that today Yay! A project that I can finish today!

Well, I better stop ignoring my children and play with them in the snow! Enjoy your day wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment