Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to my sister!

My sister Sheila has a birthday tomorrow and I have made her a purse! I hope she likes it because I actually really love it and kinda wish I could keep it. It was not difficult but a bit time consuming. because of all the piecing together. It was probably the closest I have ever come to actually quilting. I don't have the patience for quilting. Before I go on too much, I should show you a picture of the finished product!
 The Front
 A close up of the fabric combination!! I love it!
 The front
The Back

It is technically reversible but since I am too lazy to figure out how to do a true blind stitch, the lining has a weird seam on the bottom so it doesn't look good turned the other way around. But I just switched the fabrics around. On the outside the red flowers are the triangles, on the inside the red flowers are the rectangles and the bottom. There is a pocket on the inside that is just the same as the one on the outside. It is a pretty nice purse, if I do say so myself. It also has a drawstring closure.
I used a pattern by Bari J. and it is available for purchase here. Its the Millie Fleur and looks like this:
So happy birthday Sheila (tomorrow). I hope you have a great day.

Here is the next project I am working on. A pattern by Anna Marie Horner available here.

I will be attempting Option C but with straps. I have also modified the pattern to have a longer bodice and a zipper in the back instead of the side. It will be black and grey and white!! I am so excited. I will post pictures of the fabric once I get it. I think it should be here today, but you all should check out the wonderful fabric from Uberstitch on etsy.com. The fabrics I chose are from the P&B Textile listings! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Have a great day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment