Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hard Drive Fried, but a New Dress for Ruby!!

So a few weeks ago my computer just stopped working. I took it in to the mac store and they said my hard drive has crashed. So I got a new hard drive and it works beautifully now!! However, I have so many pictures on my crashed hard drive. All of our pictures from our trip to Costa Rica, honeymoon pictures, India pictures, most of Ian's first 2 years of life. So sad.

Well, I thought I would look into some data recovery. They do it all the time in movies so it must be available in real life. Well, I think it is available for a small fee starting at about $500 and going up from there. :(

So the question is "how much are pictures worth?" And i have not been able to come up with an answer to that question yet. We will see.

Now onto a craft project for today! A friend of mine gave me a book a few years ago called Absolutely A-Line by Wendi Gratz with 26 ideas for an A-Line dress for little girls. I have tried several but Ruby found some beautiful fabric the other day and I wanted something a little different for this fabric. So I pulled out my book (pictures below) and went to work. The thing I love about this book and an A-Line dress is that it is so easy.


I went to work drawing up the pattern with the simple changes to the basic pattern and put it all together. This project took about 3 hours total, drawing up the pattern pieces, cutting out the fabric and putting it all together. I hope you like it because I am pretty proud of the way it turned out!!

 


 I really love the way this turned out. The ribbon across the front is a bit too lose, but Ruby doesn't care!! That's what I love about making clothes for little people, if they aren't perfect, it doesn't matter to them.

Well, I hope you all are enjoying your day. It is raining here but we haven't had any snow yet so I am glad for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment