Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Liverpool dress! And Snow!

So, I actually just posted the Slacker-ific post, and i am starting this post right now because. . . I am a slacker. If I don't at least start this post now (while my kids are mesmerized by a care bears movie) it will be another 3 weeks before I post again!

So, the Fall Jacket I made (see earlier posts) was supposed to be a dress. But as I stated in the other post, the fabric I found didnt look like a dress so I made the larger size and I wear it as a jacket. But, when i made my toile I really liked the way the right size fit and looked on my body so I knew I wanted to make a dress with the pattern someday. Well, last week was that "day." I found some fabric that I really liked:

This picture didn't come out too well because the fabric is actually black and you can barely see the flowers in real life.Then found some contrasting fabric that I thought would make good accent pieces


And Voile, I have a new dress!

The pictures are not great. The dress actually looks really good but I don't have anyone to take a picture of me wearing it. I tried to take a picture in the mirror but the flash ruined it all. There is also a tie in the back that is in the contrasting fabric.

I still think pockets would be nice, but I thought inside pockets would just add bulk right around my hips and who wants to add things to your hips! I am still contemplating patch pockets out of the contrasting fabric. What do you all think? Pockets or no pockets?
If pockets yes, should they been in the contrasting fabric or the black fabric so they don't stand out as much???

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Now for a preview of next weeks craft:
I am making a purse for my sister's Birthday, which is on friday. I may have it finished by then, but I won't be able to ship it until Saturday at the earliest, sorry Sheila :(  Its the thought that counts, right??
Anyway, here are the fabrics that I am using to put all together!


I think it will be really cute!!

And now I will end with pictures of my back yard. It was 80 degrees on Monday and at least 75 yesterday, and this is what we woke up to this morning. I LOVE Colorado!


1 comment:

  1. I like it! I think you should add pockets on the outside... could you make most of the pocket out of the black fabric and then add a piece of the contrasting fabric as trim on the open edge? It might look nice too if they're at an angle and not just straight across. Hopefully you understand this, since I have no idea if these things have technical names or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete