Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Empire Evening Dress

I have finally finished the dress! I have mentioned this project in a few previous blogs. I was so excited to work on it and get it finished, but when it came time to put it all together I was really nervous. I made some changes to the pattern and even though i had made 2 practice dresses, I had never put all the parts together to see how it would all come together finished. But I am pretty pleased with the finished project. It seems a little too long, but i think its ok because I am planning on wearing it to a Christmas party, which means it will be cold so long is good.

 The Front
The Back

Now the question is do the heels go better? or Boots?
Heels?
Boots?

Since it is winter and freezing here now, I am leaning towards the boots. And since it is winter and freezing, here are the finishing touches I put on the outfit. My dupata from India with a white elastic belt and a red flower, because the black and white just needed a little red!!
 Dupata draped on my shoulders
or tied in the back.

I really loved working on this project. It was so much more difficult than any other project I have done before, but it was so worth the work to figure it all out! I am so pleased with the final product. In fact, it was so fun to make, I would love to make one for any of you who are reading this.

Additionally, I hope to have more pictures to post today of the newest dress project I am making for Ruby. I always make her a dress for her birthday and I am almost done with her dress for this year, but I am kind of thinking that it could be a Christmas dress for her as well. So, she may get two dresses. Hopefully I will finish that dress today and post pictures tomorrow!

I hope you are all warm and cozy today!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the dress with the heels and the dupata tied behind your back. It turned out well! Good job.

    ReplyDelete