Thursday, December 22, 2011

Snow and Sew!

When it snows some people bake, I sew! I even went to the store yesterday to make sure I had everything I need to make ginger snaps, but instead I sewed!! I can't help it. I love it. And lately I can even think of things i "need" to sew to make life better around the house!

We woke up to about 10" of snow!!
And it is still snowing!! I love it. Hubby was able to work from home so I don't even have to be worried about him on the road. He has actually worked from home all week! I love it. I love having him home. Even though he is holed up in the basement for most of the day, when he comes up for snacks or water, I can kiss him!! Plus, he can throw the kids around a little bit, which they LOVE!

Anyway, I made some cloth diapers (see the blog post here) which I really like. I am pretty surprised that they work as well as they do.
 Here is the Lil Man showing off his diaper.

I usually assume that things I make won't turn out they way they are supposed to, but so far these are pretty good. Poos are messy, but any cloth diaper is messy with poo. But, after you rinse them out, you need a place to put them until it is time to do a load. So I made a little bag to store soiled diapers.


 It is lined on the inside with the waterproof fabric and the outside is just whatever I had laying around. It is kind of small, but that is just because I don't have that many diapers, I don't like to have too many soiled diapers sitting around, and I made this out of scraps.

Then, when I was done with that project, I made a cape for Miss R. A friend of mine had asked me to make a cape for her son for Christmas, and I used Miss R to size it. So I had a practice cape cut out of a sheet and Miss R asked for a cape. So I looked through my scrap pile and found some sparkly blue fabric left over from my niece's Christmas present. And here is the cape!

You can't tell very well, but it is sparkly!
And here she is, the Fix It princess to the rescue!

It is technically reversible, but only one side is sparkly. I made it out of an old sheet and the sparkly fabric. Velcro is the closure around the neck, that way, in case she gets the cape caught on something, it won't choke her! 

All this before lunch!! I might still get around to baking today because it is still snowing and it is nice to warm the house up with the oven and ginger snaps smell so good. 

What is your favorite thing to do when it is snowing?


1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing to do when it's snowing is read by a fireplace. Looks like you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete